© B. Muth et al. 2007
Received: 3 November 2006
Accepted: 10 April 2007
Published: 25 July 2007
Binary offset carrier (BOC) describes a class of spread-spectrum modulations recently introduced for the next generation of global navigation satellite systems (GNSSs). The design strategies of these BOC signals have so far focused on the spectral properties of these signals. In this paper, we present a time-domain fingerprint for each BOC signal given by a unique histogram of counted time elapses between phase jumps in the signal. This feature can be used for classification and identification of BOC-modulated signals with unknown parameters.
- Betz JW: The offset carrier modulation for GPS modernization. Proceedings of the National Technical Meeting of the Institute of Navigation (ION NTM '99), January 1999, San Diego, Calif, USA 639-648.Google Scholar
- Hein GW, Avila-Rodriguez J-A, Ries L, et al.: A candidate for the Galileo L1 OS optimized signal. Proceedings of the 18th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation (ION GNSS '05), September 2005, Long Beach, Calif, USA 833-845.Google Scholar
- Betz JW: Binary offset carrier modulations for radionavigation. Journal of The Institute of Navigation 2001,48(4):227-246.View ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Holmes JK, Raghavan S, Dafesh P, Lazar S: Effective signal to noise ratio performance comparison of some GPS modernization signals. Proceedings of the 12th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation (ION GPS '99), September 1999, Nashville, Tenn, USA 1755-1762.Google Scholar
- Avila-Rodriguez J-A, Hein GW, Wallner S, Schueler T, Schueler E, Irsigler M: Revised combined Galileo/GPS frequency and signal performance analysis. Proceedings of the 18th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation (ION GNSS '05), September 2005, Long Beach, Calif, USA 846-860.Google Scholar
- Galileo Joint Undertaking : Galileo Open Service Signal in Space Interface Control Document (OS SIS ICD) Draft 0. 2006.Google Scholar
- Hein GW, Avila-Rodriguez J-A, Wallner S, et al.: MBOC: the new optimized spreading modulation recommended for Galileo L1 OS and GPS L1C. Proceedings of the IEEE/ION Position, Location, and Navigation Symposium (PLANS '06), April 2006, San Diego, Calif, USA 883-892.Google Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.